One of the most frequently asked questions I get from clients is “What should I wear?”
My answer is always rather simple:
1. Wear what is comfortable for you.
2. Wear something that is an expression of you and your style.
3. Dress as though you are getting your picture taken.
These are simple rules but I thought I would expand on them a little and give some additional advice.
1. Dress up! You don’t have to wear something super formal, but you don’t want to wear your plain everyday kick around clothes either. (What I like to call my plag togs. And yes I call my everyday clothes play togs. Don’t judge.) If you are not the dress up type I can completely dig it, but take time to consider your wardrobe choice, try to look your best. How many times do you pay someone to take pictures of you?
2. Have fun with it. Add a pop of color. Wear those sexy heels. Put the huge Carey Sex in the City flower on your lapel.
3. This last point is more a reflection of my style, but I say you can never go wrong in choosing basic classic pieces for your outfit and then building from there. They are safe fashion choices and 5 years from now you won’t ask yourself “What was I thinking in choosing a bubble skirt for my engagement photos?”. Wearing trendy clothes are great for now but do you want to see yourself in those trendy pieces 5 years from now.
And if you need more help here are fashion boards of outfits I think would be great for a winter engagement shoot.